Thorburn Security Solutions provides holistic end-to-end protection services, including vacant property management. Allow us to protect your assets during these challenging times.
According to the South African Property Owners Association, the national office vacancy rate was 11 percent at the end of 2019. However, given South Africa’s current healthcare and economic challenges this number is set to rise in 2020.
* The rise in vacancy rates can leave the property owner with unoccupied assets that are not compliant with legislation or their insurance company’s conditions for full cover.
- Vacant properties represent loss of rental earnings for landlords. This leaves your assets open to a number of risks such as squatting and its associated legal implications – theft, vandalism, fire and flood damage.
- In addition, public liability claims, loss of asset value and non-compliance with insurance obligations are a concern.
- Exclusions found on most commercial building insurance policies stipulate that if a building is vacant for more than 30 consecutive days before a loss, there is no cover for specified losses.
Vacant buildings are vulnerable to:
- Malicious damage, theft or attempted theft
- Illegal occupation and invasion (squatters)
- Fire damage
- Water damage
- Structural damage
- Damage caused by lack of maintenance
In response to an increase in vacant properties and the need for people-management solutions, Thorburn offers a complete suite of property care solutions to secure and maintain your vacant property – from packing up and leaving, to risk control, security, pest control, cleaning and maintenance, generators and gardening. Thorburn will conduct a building audit and create a tailored management plan for the complete servicing and maintenance of your vacant property.
Thorburn will conduct a thorough risk-assessment of your property and tailor an end-to-end solution specific to the requirements of your vacant property.
As an experienced single provider with multiple specialised solutions we can offer peace-of-mind protection, security and maintenance of your property assets. Our highly trained and qualified personnel will not only deliver on a variety of specialised solutions, but will provide a human presence at your vacant property.
- Ensuring that you are compliant with insurance and legislation
- Ensuring that your people, your assets and your property are protected